1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer>

Bernard Leclerc Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary

Bernard Leclerc, is the current Ambassador of the Central African Republic in Eastern-Europe. Mr. Bernard Leclerc is an Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador in the Eastern-European region, for the Central African Republic. His Excellency have his headquarters in the capital city of Hungary, in Budapest.

» Lire la suite...

Located in the Middle of the African Continent, The Central African Republic

Centrafrique or the Central African Republic is a landlocked.The CAR covers a land area of about 240,000 square miles (623,000 km²), and has an estimated population of about 4.4 million as of 2008.The capital city of the Central African Republic is, Bangui.

» Lire la suite...

The Economy of the Central African Republic, Based on Agriculture and Ecotourism

Ecotourism and agriculture are the two major sectors of the economy.The agriculture of the CAR is dominated by the cultivation and sale of food crops such as cassava, peanuts, maize, sorghum, millet, sesame, and plantain.The annual real GDP growth rate is jst above 3%.

» Lire la suite...

DERNIERE MINUTE: S.E M. L'Ambassadeur B. LECLERC se rendra de nouveau fin Septembre dans le PACIFIQUE SUD

Travel Information About the Central African Republic

Travel Central African RepublicFirst of all, to travel to the Central African Republic you need a valid passport. The passpord must be valid 3 months beyond intended stay. Also you need a visa.There are three type of visas: tourist, business and transit. All visas are single entry.The visas are not required for the citizens of  the following countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lebanon,  Liechtenstein, Madagascar, Mauritius, Monaco, Niger, Romania, Rwanda, Senegal, Sudan, Switzerland and Togo.

All visas are issued for stays up to 90 days, but extensions are available.A 30 days visa is also available for a lesser fee.The visas can be get from the embassies and consulates of the Central African Republic. In any country where there is no Central African Republic diplomatic mission, the French Embassy has authorization to issue a visa for entry into the Central African Republic. The requires for the tourist visas can be changed but sure you will need the followings: 2 applications forms, 2 photographs,proof of onward of return ticket, yellow fever immunization and around 150 $ fee.Business visas requires a medical report (including AIDS test) for work permits and a  company letter but note that this conditions can be changed. Transit visas are required for travelers who passing through the Central African Republic. The duration for this visa is dependent on length and location of travel. About the required documents for the transit visa you must ask your embassy or consulate in the Central African Republic or the Embassy of the Central African Republic in your country or the French Embassy.

A yellow fever vaccination is required for all travelers over of one year of age and also vaccination is suggested against hepatitis A and B, polio, typhoid,  tetanus-diphtheria, measles, chickenpox, meningococcal meningitis. Also is recommended to take with you one of the followings antimalarial drugs: atovaquone/proguanil, doxycycline or mefloquine.

You cannot bring into the Central African Republic more than five bottles of alcohol, more than five bottles of perfume ( you can bring perfume only for personal use), more than 1,000 cigarettes or cigarillos or 2 kg. of tobacco. For the foreign currencies are no restrictions but you must declared.  Is illegal to bring into the country explosives, narcotics and pornographic materials.

You can ask for travel assistance the Ministère de l’Environnement et du Tourisme à Bangui (Tel: 236-61-7921, 236-61-7527, 236-61-5741, 236-61-1085) or the Ministère du Tourisme, des Arts et de la Culture (Tel: 236-61-5367, 236-61-8053, 236-61-7715) or the Office Centrafricain du Tourisme (Tel: 236-61-4566).

Postal services, hotels and  restaurants are available in the Central African Republic. Taxis are available in the urban area of the Central African Republic and also shared taxis are available. Auto-rental is also available in C.A.R. but you need an International Driving Permit. You must note that in the C.A.R. in no railway and metro system. Bus systems are also available. Water-travel is also available, there are over 800 km. navigable waterways like Ubangi river or Onatra river.

If you want to travel by airplane in the Central African Republic you must contact Air Afrique for more information and referrals but domestic flying is mostly limited to charter operations. You can also contact Air France or the airport in Bangui (Bangui M’Poko Airport: Tel: 236-613-385 or 236-614-477 or 236-617-859).

If you need medical assistance in the CAR you can call one of the following institutes: Cas Clinique ( Tel: 236-61-5858), Clinique Camacas (Tel: 236-61-4889), Clinique Hibicus (Tel: 236-61-5277), Hospital de l’Amitie (Tel: 236-61-5700).